Monday 24 September 2012

Twix Brownies

Hi, sorry for the lack of posts of late, I have been on holiday! I was in Europe and got to sample some delicious European baking whilst I was away.

I have a backlog of posts and hopefully will get them all up in the next few days.

When I went away my flight was from London. There was no way I could make it from Edinburgh on the day I was due to fly and so I stayed with my sister overnight. In return for letting me stay I took brownies. After a little discussion it was decided that she wanted twix brownies, so twix brownies it was.

To make the brownies I simply made up some brownie mix (see recipe here, just omit the oreos). I poured half of this mix into my greased and lined brownie pan. 

I then chopped fun sized twixes in half. 
I layered the twixes on top of the batter
I then poured the rest of the batter on top.

The brownies were baked at 170C/150C FAN for 25 minutes and allowed to cool in the tin before transferring them to a wire rack. 
I did get to sample one of these, quality control you understand, and they were really good. Fudgy in the middle with the lovely crunch of the twix. I will have to make them again so I can have more then one, just to make sure they are as good as I remember!

0 comments:

Post a Comment