Tuesday 27 November 2012

Oaty slices

I was going to call these flapjacks but they did not really turn out that way. Instead of a soft chewy flapjack with crunchy edges these were all crunchy, like a biscuit with only a slight chew in the very centre.

Not sure if I dropped the ball when weighing things out or if I knocked the temperature setting on the oven. Still the verdict all round was that they were yummy, and if only I knew whatt I did I could make them again.

I made these using the remaining ingredients from Frances, as part of the seasonal ingredient swap, (I also made spiced fruit and nut shortbread)

Oaty slices

makes 16

175g porridge oats
70g cranberries
50g walnuts, roughly chopped
tsp cinnamon
tsp mixed  spice
130g butter
35g golden syrup
105g light brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 160C/140C FAN and grease and line a brownie tin , or similar.

Mix the oats, cranberries, walnuts and spices in a large mixing bowl.

Gently heat the butter, golden syrup and sugar over a low heat until the butter has melted.

Add the liquid to the dry ingredients an mix until thoroughly combined. Press into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly golden. 

Leave to cool in the tin for 15-30 minutes then use the lining paper to transfer onto a wire rack. Cut into 16 pieces while slightly warm and then allow to finish cooling.

If anyone makes these can you let me know if they turned out like flapjacks or biscuits!

0 comments:

Post a Comment