Wednesday 24 July 2013

Cookie dough marshmallow


Dom over at Belleau Kitchen runs a random recipe challenge. The logic behind this particular blogging challenge is simple. How many of us have many many recipe books, magazines and cut outs? How many of us bookmark so many different things to make but then never quite get round to it? Baking instead another batch of the same (but delicious) brownies/cookies/victoria sponges. There is of course nothing wrong with a tried and tested favourite but the idea of this challenge is to not let those recipe books go to waste and find new exciting dishes and have some fun along the way.

I decide to join in this month. It is the challenges 30th 'birthday' and we were instructed to count along to our 30th book and make whatever was on page 30. All the rules in detail can be found here.

So off I went and counted and I landed on the cookie dough lovers cook book. This seemed a good start as I think I have only made 2 or 3 things from the book.


On page 30 were cookie dough marshmallows. I immediately loved this challenge as I absolutely adore marshmallows and have been meaning to make them for AGES but once again never got round to it.

The author of the book has her own blog and the recipe for these can be found here.

The verdict? Homemade marshmallows are divine. Fact. The flavour and texture is amazing. I do have one quibble with these particular ones though. The cookie dough adds a gritty crunch from the sugar. I want my marshmallows to be completely meltingly soft.

Saying that these are divine for topping my hot chocolate!

I have fallen in love so much that I am going to make a second batch this weekend (flavour to be decided) to fully test the soft fluffy goodness of my own marshmallows.

2 comments:

  1. i've always wanted to make marshmallow but have never got round to it because it looks like you need a good few hours and a steady hand but yours looks so good I'm gonna just give it a go... thanks so much for the delicious entry to random recipes, it's lovely to have you take part and glad you enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I did have fun. To be honest they do not take too long to make, its more that they have to set for four hours! Its a long long time when you want to try them though!

      Delete