Sunday 5 May 2013

Almond bakewell cookies

I enjoy reading the alpha bakes round up each month and often get inspiration from it. This month I high-tailed it straight over to Liv a little bakery after seeing her almond cookies.

They looked amazing. I made them a day later. I did not change the recipe apart from to add a handful of chopped glace cherries and omit the cinnamon. Oh and I made 24 instead of 12, as no matter how big the cookie I will ALWAYS go back for a second, and so at least if I make them a little smaller it is not so bad. The recipe can be found here.

These cookies are delightful. The texture is light with a slight chew in the centre and the flavour is just the right amount of almond. They are lovely with a cup of tea, be warned they will not last long, even if you do decide to make them smaller!



0 comments:

Post a Comment